‘patacritical Interrogation Techniques – the book – includes writing by Craig Baldwin, Peter Blegvad, Christine Wertheim, steve roden, Jerome Rothenberg, John Higham, David Cameron, Jerome McGann, Richard Shaver, Clayton Eshleman, Peter Frank, Doug Harvey, Sheridan Lowrey, Colin Sackett, Edward Lear, and more.
At the IFF we’ll celebrate with a diverse grab-bag of intellectual amusements:
– ‘patacritical scholar Christine Wertheim will render a brief introduction to the world of Jean-Pierre Brisset, who believed that man was descended from frog.
– Artist/musician steve roden will premier his new new short film “you, like a bridge you, like a monorail.”
– Independent researcher Brian Tucker will present a brief overview of the life and work of Richard Shaver, discoverer of prehistoric holographic “Rock Books”
– UK bookmaker Colin Sackett’s subliminal Powerpoint poem “aboutenminutes” will be screened.
– Maverick art historian Sheridan Lowrey will share her Duchampian insights regarding The Museum of Jurassic Technology
– Artist Christian Cummings, known for his Spectral Psychography , will contribute an as yet undisclosed musical performance, which may or may not be translated to or from the Esparanto.
-IFF Director Margaret Wertheim will discuss outsider physicist James Carter, including a demonstration of his smoke ring generator made from a garbage cans and disco fog machine.